Hybrid and remote working models expected to fuel growth of PCaaS market over next decade
According to a new report by Fact.MR, entitled Computer Rental & Leasing Market Analysis By Service ( Laptop & Tablet Rental & Leasing, Other Accessories), By Solution (Rent, Lease), By Application (Commercial, Retail), By Region - Global Market Insights 2022 to 2032, the global demand for computer rental and leasing is estimated at $4.5 billion (USD) in 2022, and is expected to progress at a CAGR of 2.1% from 2022 to 2032; that’s up from a CAGR of 1.8% from 2017 to 2021.
This growth is largely being fueled by the increased working population and companies having moved to hybrid or remote working models.
Plenty of benefits to going with this newer approach
Leasing and buying computers have gained popularity among businesses who are comparing this model versus buying the technology outright. Leasing or renting devices provides flexibility and financial benefits to companies. What’s more, these companies can enjoy using computers with the latest features through renting.
In terms of which industries will rely on this business model the most, the leisure and entertainment industries are expected to drive potential demand during the study’s forecast period. Geographically speaking, Asia Pacific and North America will be highly fragmented markets, what with the increased popularity of the gaming and streaming sectors in these regions, which will boost the demand for computer rental services.
Key takeaways from study:
· The global market for computer rental and leasing is set to expand at a CAGR of 2.1% and reach US$ 5.5 billion by 2032.
· The market evolved at 1.8% CAGR from 2017 to 2021.
· Under services, laptop/tablet rental and leasing dominate, and is valued at $3.4 billion (USD) in 2022.
· North America leads the global market with 38% market share in 2021.
· Revenue from computer rental & leasing is expected to increase at CAGRs of 2.8% and 2.6%, respectively, in Europe and South Asia / Oceania.
Some vendors that have built a portfolio of solutions under this model with unique PC-as-a-Service (PCaaS) solutions.
Among the benefits one vendor highlights:
· Maintain cashflow liquidity
No upfront investment is required. Take advantage of a monthly payment with no hidden fees. Payments do not start until PCs are delivered.
· Reduce Costs
Harness technical expertise and scalable AI tools to reduce day to day lifecycle maintenance costs.
· No ownership or PC disposal burden
The vendor will responsibly retire all hardware assets at the end of the contract and ensure a seamless transition to new technology.
· Modernized PC Lifecycle Management
Get comprehensive solutions for deployment, security, management, and support.
· Simple and Flexible Payment Plan
Flexible financing options (flex up, down and mid-term upgrades for more than 150 units) from the vendor.
· Hardware tailored to end user personas
Research driven end user solutions help different types of workers get and stay productive.