For customers whose staff are primarily workstation users, success is dependent on having the right tools to complete jobs quickly. As such, they require hardware that provides unmatched performance and gives them a competitive edge.
This is especially true in the media and entertainment (M&E) industry, what with areas like film creation, streaming, gaming, and more, all seeing a tremendous increase in computationally intensive workloads in recent years. This has led to enterprises in this industry actively seeking a workstation solution capable of supporting tasks like CAD, video editing, gaming and development, 3D rendering, and more, with greater reliability.
To meet this modern need, Dell Technologies has launched the all-new Precision 7865 Tower, which is outfitted with the powerful AMD Ryzen Threadripper™ PRO 5000 WX-Series Processor.
A mid-size tower with record setting multi-threaded application performance
The new Precision 7865 Tower delivers ultimate performance in high-end creative applications, design analysis, simulation & AEC visualization, energy applications, AI/ML/DL training, and more.
Key highlights worth noting:
· Incredible performance with the AMD Ryzen Threadripper Pro (280W), pro graphics (AMD or NVIDIA, 2x 300W), up to 56TB storage (Drives, SSDs), UltraSpeed card available (up to 16TB), 1TB of 3200MHz (DDR4) memory, Thunderbolt™ (optional), advanced thermals, and Dell Optimizer for Precision
· Mission critical reliability & security with ISV Certifications, ECC memory and Reliable Memory Technology Pro TPM 2.0, lockable and removable drives, lockable chassis, self-encrypting drives, chassis intrusion detection
· Improved user experience with carriable tower (30L), front access ODD, fast network speeds (1G + 10G Native), USB Type C and A ports, AMD Advanced Management with DASH AMD software (SAM2, smart blur, audio enhancements)
AMD’s Ryzen Threadripper PRO Ryzen 5000 WX-Series processors: Powering productivity
Designed to handle the most complex professional workloads, AMD’s Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5000 WX-Series processor delivers the ability to institute complex tasks to give customers a competitive edge, allowing them to do more – and understand more about their operation – in less time while using less energy.
AMD’s Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5000 WX-Series processors combine the performance of the company’s “Zen 3” architecture with the enterprise security features, manageability, and scalability of AMD PRO technologies. Higher frequencies and an enhanced L3 cache architecture affords customers peace of mind knowing that Ryzen Threadripper PRO processors can tackle lightly threaded workloads, while also delivering leading multi-threaded performance.
Worth noting — this processor supports an industry-leading 128 PCIe 4.0 lanes, enabling more storage expandability than competing solutions. It also enables up to 43% higher graphics performance and up to 2.2x the storage performance of competing solutions.
What’s more, consuming up to 67% lower power per core, AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5000 WX-Series processors deliver up to double the performance-to-power ratio than other solutions on the market.
Supporting the performance of Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5000 WX-Series processors and helping your you to create a complete solution for your customers’ most demanding professionally managed IT environments, are several AMD PRO technologies, including:
· AMD Memory Guard – Encrypts memory to prevent physical attacks on sensitive data
· AMD Secure Processor – Integrated, on-chip security processor designed to protect sensitive data and validate code before it is executed
· AMD Shadow Stack – Innovative set of hardware protections built into the processor to help mitigate a common type of malware attack by preventing memory modification for instructions
Get started today
Dell’s Precision 7865 Tower will empower your customers with the incredible performance and efficiency needed to run today’s most demanding tasks.